The 2023 “COMING HOME” …. POETRY CONTEST
What does home look like to you? Is it an old farmhouse, a certain
person, a childhood bedroom, a river you run to? Think about when
you feel most rooted. Where in that world that you feel most at peace,
Write a poem that takes us there with you. A home doesn’t have to
be a building with four walls. It can be a state of being. We want to
know what exactly “home” means to you! This year’s contest is
very special because so many have requested that winners and
finalists be published. We hear you and have made it so!
This Holiday 2023 “COMING HOME” Contest is 15.00 to Enter.
All submissions must be received by December 15th, 2023.
The contest is open to anyone age 14 and up who writes poetry.
Parents or Guardians can submit on behalf of their children who are ages 14-17.
1 ST —200.00, CERTIFICATE AND PUBLICATION
2 nd —100.00, CERTIFICATE AND PUBLICATION
3 rd —50.00, CERTIFICATE AND PUBLICATION
IN ADDITION, ALL FINALISTS IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE PUBLISHED IN A
BEAUTIFUL ANTHOLOGY ENTITLED “COMING HOME, XXIII EDITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your information must be able to be verified.
2. Your poem must be original in its entirety, and you must be the writer of the work.
(Your work will be checked for plagiarism, so do not copy another’s words.)
3. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be done separately.
4. Your poem must be written in English.
5. We accept both published and unpublished poems.
6. Contest entries must be between 1 and 20 lines. No more than 250 words total.
Your title and/or spaces between lines are not included in the word count.
7. Please enter using Submittable. Sign up is free.
• Times New Roman
• Size 12 font
• 1.5 spaced
8. Winning Titles with names will be posted on the website, Oprelle.com., within 30 days
after the close of the contest. (Possibly sooner over holidays!)
9. We reserve the right to not publish for any reason.
10. We cannot respond to every entry, so please do not inquire.
11. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
12. By submitting a poem to our contest… you accept that, if selected, your entry may appear
online and/or in print in any of Oprelle Publication’s Books and Websites.
13. We will add your name to our email list so that you can receive our free newsletters.
14. Completion and submission will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions
Wishing you the Best of Luck,
- Team Oprelle